Pools are a godsend in hot counties and states. Therefore, getting an accurate installation cost from trusted pool contractors in Orange County is essential if you’re planning on having one.
There are several factors to consider if you want to install a pool, including the material and design—but the most important is the cost because this can vary dramatically.
Orange County Pool Contractors Services and Costs
Orange County has one of the highest pool per household rates in the United States. Homeowners know what material and design they want, while pool builders advise them about the feasibility of their plans and adapt designs if necessary.
Homeowners usually choose inground fiberglass pools. These are more expensive than above-ground pools, but they’re usually more attractive because they can blend in with the landscape and have more variety than above-ground pool installations.
Inground Pools Come in Three Materials
Costs between $30,000 and $90,000. Fiberglass pools have the potential for self-installation. You can complete the entire process, or you could do a portion of the work and leave the rest to pool installers.
If you go the full DIY route, you can save between $5,000 and $10,000. If you do a portion of the installation, you could save between $2,000 and $3,000.
Over 10 years, homeowners can expect to spend less than $4,000 in maintenance on their fiberglass inground pools.
This is the most expensive material, allowing no possibility for self-installation. Pool construction costs are between $50,000 and $100,000.
Concrete pool types offer the greatest variety and are often the most aesthetically pleasing option.
Concrete pool owners spend over $25,000 in maintenance costs over a 10-year period. As far as additional costs are concerned, they require an acid wash every five years to properly clean the pool of algae growth and must be replastered every 10 years.
3. Vinyl Liner Pools
These are cheap inground swimming pools, with upfront costs between $20,000 and $50,000.
When it comes to pool maintenance costs, fiberglass pools are the most affordable option over a 10-year period. They’re more cost-effective than they were a few years ago, thanks to a Gelcoat that prolongs their life and durability. It also makes them easier to clean and manage over the short term.
When it comes to vinyl pools, homeowners can expect to spend $10,000 to $20,000 over 10 years. Something to consider when weighing the pros and cons of the vinyl style of pool is the cost of replacing the liner every five years to 10 years.
Services Included in Pool Installation
Orange County swimming pool builders don’t just dig a hole, plonk in the pool shell, shovel the sand back in, and go off.
There’s a range of services, from design to pool start-up.
Design and Layout
Pool professionals work with you to design your dream pool. They map it out to get an idea of how it’ll look in your backyard. You might want to move it farther from the house or change the pool size.
The contractor will apply for permits, which can cost between $200 and $300.
Contractors bring in heavy machinery to dig out the shape of the pool and remove the dirt.
Plumbing and Equipment
Pool equipment is typically included in the installation package.
All wiring and electrical work are put in place. Electrical work must meet National Electric Code standards.
The shell, made from the material options you chose, is placed in the pool hole. For concrete types of pools, the options are Gunite pools or Shotcrete.
Any rock water features installed.
Installing pavers around the pool. Pavers come in numerous colors, shapes, and textures.
Tile is installed around the pool’s perimeter. It’s non-slip and durable to ensure safe use over the long term.
Pool fencing is compulsory, including a self-closing, self-latching gate. Some cities have unique pool fencing requirements. Your professional pool contractor will ensure you tick all the boxes.
Once the fencing is in, you need approval from a city inspector.
After approval, the contractor will complete the remaining steps, including all plastering and final touches to paving stones.
The pool is filled, and the system is turned on. An Orange County pool contractor will be on hand to demonstrate how the system works.
A Quick Look at Pool-Related Costs of Installation and Additional Features
- The average price of an above-ground pool is $2,100 to $22,000.
- The average price of an inground pool is $40,000 to $110,000.
- The average price per square foot of inground pools is between $180 and $350.
- A 100 sq. ft inground pool costs $18,000 to $35,000.
- A 400 sq. ft inground pool costs $72,000 to $140,000.
- The average price of a small spool is $10,000 to $18,000.
- The average price of a plunge pool is $12,000 to $22,000.
- The average cost of a saltwater pool is $30,000 to $70,000.
- The average cost of a lagoon pool is $38,000 to $110,000.
- The average cost of a walk-in, zero-entry, or beach-entry pool is $40,000 to $115,000.
- The average cost of a lap pool is $50,000 to $98,000.
- The average cost of an indoor pool is $50,000 to $200,000.
- The average cost of an infinity pool is $100,000 to $150,000.
- A pocket filter costs $30 to $100.
- A cartridge filter costs $200 to $1,600.
- A sand filter costs $250 to $1,200.
- A glass filter costs $500 to $1,500.
- A diatomaceous earth filter costs $520 – to $1,600.
- Swimming pool pumps cost $300 for a single-speed pump to $1,200 for a variable-speed pump.
- A waterfall costs $250 to $15,000.
- Pool lighting costs $450 to $1,200.
- A diving board costs $500 to $1,000.
- Pool steps cost $1,400 to $1,900.
- A pool enclosure or pool cover costs $2,700 and $3,700.
- A fence costs $3,000 to $10,000.
- A pool heater costs $3,450 to $5,450.
- A retaining wall costs $3,500 to $10,000.
- A pool enclosure costs $10,000 to $30,000.
- A saltwater pool costs $70 to $100 per year.
- A chlorine pool costs $350 to $800 per year.
Get the Best Value for Your Money with Calimingo Pools!
We build what we design and construct what we know can be produced since we are at the forefront of what is feasible for home construction and pool design.
We’ll also provide project consultation to help you realize even the most difficult and unusual construction projects.
If you live in Orange County and are thinking about installing an inground or above-ground swimming pool. Choose one of the highest-rated Orange County pool contractors, contact us at 714-235-3294 at Calimingo Pools today!